High Pressure worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prof Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need to get a twin set as well as a few extra cylinders for my own personal use in my cave diving and other tech course that are planned for the next few months. So I have been looking over the Faber range and I've seen that they do 7L and 12L 300 bar cylinders. Now I know that a twin set of 12L Faber Cylinders are so heavy, I'm thinking that it would be wise to go towards the 7L twin sets, to start of with.

Now, I remember by boss telling that high pressure cylinders loose about 8% of volume due to the High Pressure Squeeze. Now I quite remember if that was correct information, because I was really busy at the time. But my main question is, should I got with a twin 300 bars set or a 232 bar set? Both give me lost of Liter of air and well above the requirement of the CDAA.

If someone could also explain this high pressure for me in simple terms would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've read that people can't get decent fills for 300bar cylinders. I have never failed to not fill a 300bar cylinder right on target. So I have no concern about that.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom