History Channel - Edmund Fitzgerald

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Red:
Too Bad I missed out on watching that!

New Years I was on a road trip with my S.O. to upper Michigan state where we found ourselves on the southern shores of Lake Superior in the town of Paradise.

Just up the road from Paradise is a museum which has quite a lot to say about the Edmund Fitgerald, while the museum was closed for the season, we did enjoy a personalized lecture on the subject by one the museums docent's, a charming fellow by the name of Charlie, whom we encountered at the Buffalo Bills restaurant.

Paradise, and just up the road Whitefish Point has some of the best, most intact wrecks in Superior, and all of the Great Lakes. The Whitefish Museum is where the Fitzgerald's original bell now sits, and just about anything you wanted to know about her, the mystery and the myths can be found at the museum. Anyone interested in ships. shipwrecks and general naval history of the Great Lakes will find this museum worth the drive to visit.

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom