Hog 32 lb wing bladder question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was hypothesizing. I do not mean to authoritatively commend on the deign of Oxycheq wings. Your post is valid and I will edit my previous post to remove my conjecture.

Its just a discussion board, no need to get too carried away.

1+ for PM'ing cerich. I have two HOG 32lb wings, they do not do that.

It almost looks like the bladder is partially "sticking together" in a couple places. Have you tried unzipping the outer shell and examining the inner bladder?

I'm sure this "condition" is not serious, and has a "fix".

Best wishes.

thanks for the replies everyone.

I did check the bladder - everything looks fine - it's nice and flat outside the shell. I also re-installed it partially inflated and that seemed to help, though not completely.

I'll also take the recommendation to contact Cerich.

It all may be a moot point anyway - the wing is wider than I was expecting. I may exchange it for a 30 lb Mach V (unfortunately scubatoys is out of stock at the moment). It seems counterproductive to streamlining to go from a bulky BC to a BP/W with a wing wider than the BC it's replacing.

here's another pic for fun - shell vs. bladder/ At it's widest point the wing is about 6" wider than the shell (excluding the material outside the welds)

DSC_6440.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom