Holes in the Scubapro line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice to be able to see all the models lined up like that.
Regarding the MK IV, do you know if the first stage is a MK V? I started wondering if there was any chance it was a MK 3 with swivel.
AFAIK there has been only one combination called MK IV here in Europe, that was the MK V with turret and two LP Ports and the 108 2nd, never any combination with the MK3.
When 1969 the 109 2nd came on the market, it was combined with, and sold as the MK V Combo and MK VI Combo.
The 108 2nd was sold only with the unbalanced MK2 and MK3 in the US, while in Europe one could also buy the MK V together with a 108.
I think that for that reason to differ the two combos, in Europe SP called that combination MK IV in their catalogs.

Attachments

• scubapro-1971 Europa.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 50
Wow this thread has been very enlightening!
There are way fewer holes in their reg numbering system than I thought.
Great history!

I’ve never seen discussions about any other reg brands become so passionate except maybe for double hose threads. That says something about the history and legacy of Scubapro.

The Scubapro story is a fun hobby, particularly with regards to the many great regulators they produced.

My current project is making more Scubapro catalogs available to share as PDFs. Using the VDH Scubapro collection as a starting point, a number of years from the 80's up to present day will be added. It should be ready to share sometime next year after I get more catalogs scanned and hopefully find a few missing years. (WTB Scubapro Catalogs)

The Scubapro story is a fun hobby, particularly with regards to the many great regulators they produced.

My current project is making more Scubapro catalogs available to share as PDFs. Using the VDH Scubapro collection as a starting point, a number of years from the 80's up to present day will be added. It should be ready to share sometime next year after I get more catalogs scanned and hopefully find a few missing years. (WTB Scubapro Catalogs)
Nice project.
It would be important to keep two separate timelines, one for US and one for EU, as many products did only appear here or there, whilst others were shared among the two continents.

Unfortunately this collection will be very thin on non US catalogs since they are hard for me to find, but I agree on organizing by both year and location. Easy to do by adding country name to the title in addition to the year.

If there was still access to the privately run Scubapro Museum before scubapoor bullied it closed
a good enough reason never to buy any new scubapoor gear ever again
order would be restored and life could continue

If there was still access to the privately run Scubapro Museum before scubapoor bullied it closed
a good enough reason never to buy any new scubapoor gear ever again
order would be restored and life could continue
Have you tried reviving it through the WayBack Machine, aka Web Archive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom