Hollis DC3-212 yoke reg set w/Aeris A300 XT computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought two of these reg sets brand new, from my local dive shop, back in December. This one was for my g/f. She did one day of diving with it. There is literally about 30 minutes total usage on these regs. Now, the g/f is my ex-g/f.

The computer has (according to the log) 24 dives on it. I took it off "her" reg set and put it on mine as a backup to my wrist computer and wireless air integration.

The Hollis DC3 1st stage is a sealed diaphragm design and rated for cold water use.

The Hollis 212 2nd stage is a pneumatically balanced design with a Dive/Pre-dive switch and also an inhalation effort adjustment. It may seem unusual to also have a higher end reg like this for the octo, but my philosophy is, if I or anyone else is using it, it is some kind of emergency. And in that case, I want it to breathe just as well as my primary regulator. I don't want to be using a lower performing regulator just when the shtuff hits the fan and I don't want my buddy doing that, either.

The Aeris A300 XT computer/console is something I researched extensively before I bought it. Here is what I like about it:

- The computer is Nitrox capable.

- Can be programmed for up to 3 Nitrox mixes.

- Backlight illuminates the pressure gauge as well as the computer.

- The analog pressure gauge is actually integrated with the computer (loosely). If tank pressure hits 500 PSI, the computer will sound an audible alarm, display "Lo AIR" and flash an LED. However, unlike a computer with a digital SPG and "tight" integration, the A300 will not display tank pressure, nor does it tell you how much Air Time Remaining you have. Still, compared to other consoles with a separate SPG, this is a nice little bonus safety feature!

- Has the Oceanic/Aeris dual algorithm option, so you can use one of the most liberal algorithms available, if you want, or you can set it to use a more conservative algorithm. And, in either case, you can also adjust the Conservatism that is applied to the chosen algorithm.

- Has Gauge mode. Start with this computer as your one-and-only and still use it later, even if you get a wrist computer and/or start doing Tech dives.

- Has an option for Deep Stops, if you want to use that.

- Is firmware updateable. You would need to get a USB cable.

- The battery is user replaceable.

- Supports a USB download of your logged dive data. You would need to get a USB cable.

- The compass is on top and the hose routes towards the back left, instead of straight back. This makes it where you can monitor your depth and your compass heading at the same time. Unlike the consoles we used in OW training where you have to flip it back and forth to see one then the other. And the hose routing means you can more easily hold the compass straight out in front of you to read.

- It came with a lens protector for the computer, which is installed. Thus why the computer screen might not look super crisp in the pictures. The protector has no scratches, but with no water between the screen protector and the screen there are extra reflections in there that make it not photograph so well. Underwater it is totally clear and easy to read.

AERIS : A300 XT

I can honestly say I think this is a GREAT setup for single tank diving. This is not a case of pimping something I don't like. And I'm putting my money where my mouth is by virtue of the fact that I'm keeping, continuing to use, and very happy with my other identical setup (except that I have a wrist computer and AI, instead of the console). I would keep this computer/console and continue to use it as a backup, but I need to buy a Tech computer anyway, so I will continue to be able to dive with two computers - and I need to sell this stuff to pay for my Tech gear!

I don't want to separate the regs from each other. But, I am willing to separate the computer/console from the regs, if you want just one or the other.

I do not have a data cable for the computer.

I think $250 for the regs and $250 for the computer/console is a pretty good deal. Or $425 for the whole lot. That includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS. I am happy to ship internationally, with the price adjusted to accommodate shipping. If you want any of this and you don't think my asking price is the good deal that I think it is, feel free to send me a PM with your thoughts.

2015-08-19%2023.31.41.jpg

2015-08-19%2023.32.13.jpg

2015-08-19%2023.32.24.jpg

2015-08-19%2023.33.23.jpg

2015-08-19%2023.33.02.jpg

2015-08-19%2023.36.36.jpg

2015-08-19%2023.37.28.jpg

A few more pictures at:

Regs by Stuart Vernon | Photobucket

I'm also interested in the regulators if they haven't been sold already

I'm willing to separate. But, I have a local guy that wants the whole package. He's not available to meet up until next Tuesday and I don't have any obligation to hold it for him. So, if someone wants the whole package before then, it's first come, first served. But, if I have to choose between selling only the regs (and dealing with shipping and PayPal fees) or waiting until next Tuesday to sell the whole package (locally, for cash), I'll just wait and sell the whole package.

If the thing with the local guy falls through, I will PM you guys (in order of expressed interest) and see if you are still interested.

Sold the whole package locally. All gone, daddy, gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom