Hollis F1 Light Fin Release date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cashew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
From the Scuba gadget blog:

• Hollis (AUP) had a new travel sidemount system, known as SMS Katana. They also have the F1 light fin, which is a bit shorter and lighter than their F1 fin. It comes in other colors, including pink.
Anyone know when the new F1 light fin will be available? Am interested in trying these out as my jetfins aren't the greatest fit.

I sent an email to Hollis asking this question a couple of days ago and got a reply saying mid-January.

It says they have a short blade am wondering how short is short. Sent them an email enquiring, will post back if I get a reply for anyone else who might be curious. Was hoping they would be a long fin similar to the F1 but without the weight. Looks like they might be Jet fin type size.

They are jet fin sized and slipstream material

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Would the Dive Rite XTs work for you?

I currently own the XTs in both small and medium. Unfortunately both sizes make my feet go numb after about 40mins. I like the maneuverability of the smalls but find the larger mediums a little hard to sustain power into currents as I'm a small guy and don't appear to have the muscle power. If not for the numbing issue I think I'd really like them, they are great at all kicks, although a bit hard on the legs if flutter kicking due to the stiffness. I just bought some Rocket 3 fins which I really like, much more so than Jets but due to short blade not so great in currents.

---------- Post added January 9th, 2016 at 11:18 AM ----------

I have an addiction to buying fins, it's a problem.

And mid-January is receding into history now,

Lighter F1s would be nice...
They said mid-january, but not of which year :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom