Hollis S38 Wing Shrinking Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys:

So I removed the grommet/eyelet. It' still a tight fitting but at least, I don't need to struggle to get my STA bolts through. I'm going to enlarge the whole a bit. I'll either epoxy the the rough edges or, as Evad has suggested, install a larger eyelet/grommet. It's definitely a workable solution and a far better one than throwing away a good working wing.

@ Nick: This is the S38 wing that predates the S38 LX wing and comes with a two year warranty, instead of a lifetime warranty.

Hi Guys:

So I removed the grommet/eyelet. It' still a tight fitting but at least, I don't need to struggle to get my STA bolts through. I'm going to enlarge the whole a bit. I'll either epoxy the the rough edges or, as Evad has suggested, install a larger eyelet/grommet. It's definitely a workable solution and a far better one than throwing away a good working wing.

@ Nick: This is the S38 wing that predates the S38 LX wing and comes with a two year warranty, instead of a lifetime warranty.

Hi O,

Got it. Since you are local if you would like to stop by our offices in San Leandro, and have us add the grommet just give a shout 510-729-5110. Ask for me!

Hi O,

Got it. Since you are local if you would like to stop by our offices in San Leandro, and have us add the grommet just give a shout 510-729-5110. Ask for me!

That's more like It........thanks.

Back
Top Bottom