Hollis SMS 100 Dual Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glaisser

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Buddies
Hope you all well
I recently bought Hollis sms 100 Dual bladder and i was surprised that i cant find any videos talking about that BCD
all the videos on youtube is with the Hollis sms 100 single bladder or hose
even on the website of hollis ... cant find any Manuel or any guide , felt so weird
so is there is anyone here has the same model and has experience to share ?

Other than deciding whether and/or how to connect the second bladder, how would diving with it be any different than the single bladder you have found documentation for?

I ran one on my backplate as a cold-water, wetsuit singles wing for redundancy. As @rongoodman points out, the only functional difference is running the 2nd bladder which is a mirror of the primary, and that you only use one at a time.

Since I had a reasonable "hard" bottom, I ran the 2nd bladder as a purely oral-inflate configuration. SB flame wars have been fought over if there should be a supply hose for the back-up bladder inflator, should it be connected, should it be connected with a shutoff ... Again, that is relevant to dual-bladder wings in general.

well i tried the single bladder before from a friend and it was hard to find single bladder
thats why i bought that
i guess the only difference is use each hose separate and to connect them to side mount kit
will experiment that and show you guys

i guess the only difference is use each hose separate and to connect them to side mount kit
You might want to consider not attaching a hose to the back-up bladder and just planning to inflate it orally on the off chance that you'll actually need it. If you have a hose attached to each one and one of them starts to leak air into its bladder, you might have a hard time figuring out which one it is in a timely manner.

Pease read up on using dual-bladder wings. They offer both redundancy and risk in different circumstances. Knowing what those pros and cons are, how to make the right evaluation for the particular dive circumstances, and how to deal with the possible failure modes - all are important before hooking up and going diving.

The lack of a dual-bladder-specific manual (or section) is likely reflective of the facts that, it is a structurally/mechanically straight-forward addition, a relatively rare variant, and likely, usually bought by those seeking out that specific capability and understanding its usage.

Well, shutoff valves, before the description included all relevant information I asked the midnight drunk
posting abomination that owns this shop whether his inline shutoff valves shut against the flow or with

So without answering and demanding an explanation from me, he argued that with or against the flow
makes no difference

Another dive shop owner up the road looked at me blanklly when I disagreed with his most unwavering
theories, that the left post on twin tanks is the left post when looking at the twins from the wearers side

They then found years later there was lead in the water, I think, but really there was not it was just them

Good luck in your endeavours glaisser how do you pronounce that

well i tried the single bladder before from a friend and it was hard to find single bladder
thats why i bought that
The SMS 100 is relatively old in Hollis' lineup. And nowadays people are generally using wetsuit BCs with smaller bladders. So the dual SMS 100 is a large double bladdered wing - and unpopular & rare.

What water temp, tanks, lead, and wetsuit are you diving with this BC?

I'm using a SMS-100 Dual BC, but it's on a SMS-75 harness. When I was shopping, the full-on SMS100D simply wasn't available anymore. I like I can dive it as a backmount; I use two tank bands. It's also capable of BM doubles but I haven't done that (yet). It has more than sufficient lift for sidemounting a pair of 15l tanks diving wet in cold water. It's heavy, bulky, and unweildy for travel. I like it, though, because it does everything I need it to "adequately". It's more a Jeep than a Corvette..

love mine... hook up one hose left side leave right side for oral. in case of problems

show your dive buddies whats going on i have been question on dive boats..

Back
Top Bottom