Hollis ST wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi
I am in need of a new wing and was looking at the dgx wing since it’s made for them by oxycheq and my old wing was a mach v. Started reading about the Hollis st wings and the design sounds interesting, would love to hear from anyone that’s using one. I can get a decent discount on it so the pricing between that and the dgx is t that much.

Hi
I am in need of a new wing and was looking at the dgx wing since it’s made for them by oxycheq and my old wing was a mach v. Started reading about the Hollis st wings and the design sounds interesting, would love to hear from anyone that’s using one. I can get a decent discount on it so the pricing between that and the dgx is t that much.
I have a Hollis ST35 Elite BP/W setup, S/S plate with about 140 dives now over the past 18 months. Warm and cold water. I don't have any other wing to compare it to, but for me it's been great, so I'd thoroughly recommend. Trim in the water is great, everything seems great quality, solid, durable, good adjustability on the harness. I wasn't supplied the the padded parts to the backplate for some reason, but don't miss them and probably would have left them off anyway.

I'm in Australia, and there's not much online about the Hollis, but quite a few shops stock them - seems more common here than overseas.

The only complaints are minor:

- Cosmetic issue: I've seen it now on 3-4 others, not just mine - is that the top of the plate sits right on the label / tag of the wing, which frays really quickly and just looks a bit tatty.
- QR weight pockets slightly bulky, although in warm water remove them as I don't need the extra lead.

I have an older 25lb and it's never given me a problem. One thing to be aware of is the cam band slots are just big enough for straps to fit through. No issue if you use a Hollis plate, but if you use a different brand they may not line up with the plate slots so you'd need an STA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom