Holy crapola... Oceanic Tiger versus Hammerhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amanda once bubbled...
Woohoo

Just look at how big the "hammer" is... I DON'T wanna know how big was the entire shark... ;-0

If you don't want to know, then don't read any further.

For the rest of you:

One of the reports I read about this said that the hammerhead was estimated at 5 meters, and the tiger was much bigger.

Two of us were kayaking in the Sea of Cortez off Bahia de Kino near the Midriff Islands in 1971 or 1972. As we paddled, I noticed a large dorsal fin approaching from the port side. I lifted my paddle and looked over in time to see a very large tiger shark approaching our boat. As I watched, it turned over slightly and gave me a chilling look with its eye.

The shark passed under the bor of our double, partially lifting me out of the water. I could feel the dorsal fin pass under me. Our double kayak was 18 feet long and we estimated the size of the tiger shark at 22 feet.

When we arrived back in the small fishing village there at the time that night, we were greeted as very brave men by the Mexican shrimp fleet who saw our interaction with the shark. While we accepted the free dinner and beer, we were far from brave... more like scared sh*tless!

Tigers 1 HHeads 0.....wow, the Tigers win one...bet they're riotting in Detroit (baseball ref. for those of you outside the U.S.)

Anyone else recall the Great White vs. Killer Whale battle a couple years ago?

Yeah, I would say the tigers are one a head of the game. I guess it wasn't hammer time after all. Tails! The Tiger wins! Simply sharking! I wonder if the tooth will ever be told. I know, I know... you've haddock with the bad puns! (At least I didn't crack any lawyer jokes or make the corporate headhunter connection)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom