Honeymoon in St. Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I got certified on our honeymoon at Anse Chastenet two years ago. Was awesome with the Pitons as a backdrop. If you decide to head over there I would suggest a water taxi getting there, the road is extremely bumpy and alot of people get a rough stomach on the ride (like me, too many trees rushing by). At times the view from the road is awesome though but is over an hour ride from the airport and winding roads. They do run a great PADI operation there though and many other hotels drop guests there. But diving with the Pitons in the background is like something just out of Jurassic Park :D

Make sure you lock your things up during the day, the unemployment rate is extremely high and there seems to be alot of theft. 99% of the people are wonderful but when you leave your room you never know. A number of people lost their belongings while we were there. Some may have to do with Anse proximity to Soufriere, which is a small town with little work.

Congratulations! St Lucia is a great place for a honeymoon!

Kev

We stayed at Rendezvous for our honeymoon and didn't like it either. There were all kinds of freeloaders on that beach accosting us asking if we were american and if we had ten american dollars they could have. Ten must be the magic number down there cause that's what they all wanted.
The diving....well I didn't like it. Not very clear. Not a lot to see. Rendezvous ---big thumbs down. I doubt I will ever go back to St. Lucia, but if I do, I will stay elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom