Honolulu PADI Members Forum.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Universal Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Clear your schedules of February 10th. When someone finds out the location, please post it.

So who is going to go? I will. We also have a new sales rep. Tom Warnack.

Maybe a get together before or after?

Chris

I am new to this. Is the PADI for instructors and DMs or is it for everyone? What do they do and talk about? Just a little insight please

PADI Member forums are generally for PADI Members (i.e. Divemasters and Instructors), though I don't know that they necessarily check c-cards at the door.

I've done the last couple online... I might be over for it on the 10th, but I would need to see that it's worthwhile first. If someone wants to share a rental car, I'd be game.

Generally it's just about new PADI products and programmes and an opportunity for the members to voice concerns and field questions to their area reps.

Probably not anything the average PADI diver would be interested in -- heck, most PADI Pros don't seem too interested!

I guess I should've titled this, PADI Members Forum. Any hoo, Kris, I think you're right. It's never so exciting. Last years was a bore. I've enjoyed the ones in the past with Steve Clifford but those were in Guam. We would all go out to a divers hang out after and let loose.

A lot of us go and wait for the end to get the door prizes.

Me on the other hand, I'm getting 'back' into teaching and diving professionally again after a year hiatus and I think I need to listen a little more closely this year. I'm also hoping to meet some of the characters here on SB.

I stopped by Sunshine Scuba today and they have an IDC going on at the same time! PADI has an IDC schedule but still scheduled Feb. 10 for the 'members forum'. So a lot of them won't be able to attend.

Sherman, you must go! You're a PADI MSDT! Plus, it's great for networking and getting to know others. For example, I don't teach tech but if I had a student who wanted to go do tech, who would I send him to?

Plus, sometimes they give away cool stuff!

I called PADI today to ask about this.

They still don't have an exact location -- I wonder if the reason for the date choice was that there is an IE on Oahu the following weekend... then they can just send someone for the week and save on airfare (some of the PADI staff have friends/family to stay with over here).

Information is released. Same place as last year.
Honolulu Member Forum
Sunday, February 10th
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio
2500 Kuhio Ave.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

Call for directions: 808 922 0811

Sherman, you must go! You're a PADI MSDT! Plus, it's great for networking and getting to know others. For example, I don't teach tech but if I had a student who wanted to go do tech, who would I send him to?

Plus, sometimes they give away cool stuff!

I'll try to come, but that's in the middle of my 7-day/14 dive marathon. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sherm

Sorry you all missed the forum. Yaawwn. It was a pretty good turn out. I saw a few people I knew but didn't really socialize so much. I think I'm seen as a 'who is that guy?' type of person. Since I haven't really worked here on Oahu yet.

Well, I'm insured and ready to go. I just gotta find time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom