Hoping to find the joy in diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damnit - you better enjoy diving again. We had a wonderful set of dives for lobster opener in 2010, as well as diving Santa Barbara Island earlier in the year for your 50th Bday.

Suck it up - Sh!t happens with gear and DM's can suck in foreign countries. We all learn from our (your) mistakes. Take care and I hope to join you on those Malibu night dives. I'm definitely in!

Greg

LOL Greg - great to see you on here! :) Yes, we had some GREAT bug hunting on Mr. C, didn't we? You are a bug magnet! Remember the big turtle?

We're expecting to do a few Peace trips this year - first one is scheduled for next Sunday, in fact. Wanna join us?? :blinking:

I might be able to jump on that peace trip. I'll let you know by Wed or Thurs.

Greg

I'm straight up TIRED of this thread...rant over, Jeeez...

Mods, strke at will!

Oh, I forgot my old Sig, "you shouldn't have more posts than you have dives" Nuff Said.

Last edited:
Um...Don...might I suggest that if you're sick of it, you simply not read it? This is an ongoing conversation, old dive buddies are reconnecting, and we're now making plans for possible dive trips...how is that a problem for you? On the other hand, why don't you join us? :blinking: We'll be on the Peace on the 8th.......I'm always up for meeting new dive buddies! See you there?? :D

Welcome back!!! One of the really nice things about diving is that we can participate in it well into our senior years.......

I wish you luck in improving your photography skills....

Cheers,
Roger

LeeAnn...welcome back, with as much as you dove I'm surprized you didn't have DAN Insurance (the one that covers equipment lost of up to $2,500).

I have DAN insurance for me (automatic renewal, I've had it since I started diving), but I didn't for my equipment. That's about to be rectified. I just received the second strobe for my new camera rig, and now that I have all the serial numbers I'm getting the DAN insurance for camera equipment this week. It's really not a bad price for the peace of mind. :)

FYI, DAN itself does not provide the camera insurance - it's provided by an outside company. When you click the link on the DAN site for dive equipment insurance, you get this message:

Dive Equipment Insurance services are being provided by Senn, Dunn, Marsh, and Roland, LLC.

And it takes you to this link: https://www.h2oinsurance.com/

Greg - the extended forecast calls for great weather on Sunday! I just checked the Peace website - plenty of room left on the boat. I hope you join us! :)

Um...Don...might I suggest that if you're sick of it, you simply not read it? This is an ongoing conversation, old dive buddies are reconnecting, and we're now making plans for possible dive trips...how is that a problem for you? On the other hand, why don't you join us? :blinking: We'll be on the Peace on the 8th.......I'm always up for meeting new dive buddies! See you there?? :D

Sorry Lee, I'd got home that night with tragic news about a fellow dive community member's parents who were in a horrible accident on the way to her birthday celebration. I should have picked up a/the Good Book instead of going online. Thank you for the honey instead of vinegar. Happy Easter. See, I am a Dork:wink:.

Sorry Lee, I'd got home that night with tragic news about a fellow dive community member's parents who were in a horrible accident on the way to her birthday celebration. I should have picked up a/the Good Book instead of going online. Thank you for the honey instead of vinegar. Happy Easter. See, I am a Dork:wink:.

Oh, Don, I'm so sorry to hear that! :depressed: I totally get it. That's not being a dork, that's being human.

I'm working on some plans to get to Vets on a Wednesday night pretty soon...you dive at Vets, right? Maybe we'll still have an opportunity to hit the water together. I ended up not going out on Peace today - they cancelled due to low sign-ups (I guess not too many people want to dive on Easter!). So instead we went out on the Raptor yesterday - it was FREAKING COLD, but SO good to get back in the water! And I got to try out my new camera. There wasn't a lot of life out there at these sites - we were supposed to dive the East end but there was too much current and surge, so instead went to the backside of Anacapa, and honestly I've never had a good dive back there. But I amused myself by taking shots of gornonian fans and anemones - and they came out FANTASTIC! Far better than I could have ever gotten with my lost camera. So I'm adjusting my attitude to consider that camera loss as a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, again I'm sorry to hear your sad news...and hopefully I'll see you in the water one of these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom