Hot Off The Presses!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So several months and 2 major hurricanes later, I'm standing in a bookstore in Grapevine, Texas looking for a magazine and there it is! The December issue of Sport Diver magazine and on the cover is title "The Great Mexican Dive Quest:".

It's the article Holly and Armando Alentado, the owner/operators of Cozumel's only full service photo shop, Island Photo-Video Center, shot photographs for as they traversed down the Mayan Riviera as the sub-title reads "6 Exhilarating Gataways from Cancun to Mahahual"

I just picked it up late yesterday so I haven't had time to read the entire article yet but there several pic from our friends throughout with Holly as subject of several and even Mr. Armando on the article opening photo, although it's not his best side.

You will also find a short article from Holly and a photo of the happy couple on the Contributor's page and if your observant, as you flip through the magazine you might even find Holly's lovely face in a Dive Paradise advertisement, and that's just the stuff I've found so far! These 2 are all over this mag!!:D

Congrats my friends on being chosen for the article, your work is wonderful as always and an ispiration for the rest of us photo hacks to shoot for!

And if that wasn't exciting enough...for those who don't already know this...

Holly will be inducted into the Women's Diving Hall of Fame in March at Beneath the Sea! I will definitely be there as I wouldn't miss this special day for anything!

I am sooooo proud of my friends!!!

Christi:

Holly will be inducted into the Women's Diving Hall of Fame in March at Beneath the Sea! I will definitely be there as I wouldn't miss this special day for anything!

Seeing that your going to be at the show, are you going to have a booth for Blue XT Sea set up?

Joe

Very Cool. Thanks for sharing that Christi. They are wonderful people!!!

Christi:

OH MY GOSH!!!! You guys are ALL too cool! Thanks!!!!!! I just saw the article myself - wow!!! It was the coolest assignment - it was a fast paced, adventure & challenge filled 10 days & I want to do it all again!!!!!
The irony of it hitting the newstand just after Wilma made me laugh!
Again - thank you!!!!
I am in Denver right now (it was 34 degrees last night!!! BUUURRRRR!!!!), but Armando is in Coz. Still no power at the store...so not open for business....YET!!!!! Even though the hotel will be closed for a while we will be open as soon as we get power!!!!
Hugs!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom