Housing for Panasonic HVX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen other people talking about Epic and Aquavideo doing housings for the Panasonic HVX200, but I can't find anything on either website about them.

Gates may be the only one making one.

No wonder they are so expensive. $6,860 before you select a lens and lights. Ouch.

Gates is definitely the way to go for the HVX. The housing size is similar to the FX1, although it is approximately 3 inches longer. Very well balanced and ergonomic housing. If you are shooting for production purposes, take a close look at the SWP44 Super Wide Angle port.

I see you are located in L.A. Let me know if you would like to get your hands on one and check it out. I can probably set up a test dive for you as well if you are interested.

Congrats on your new purchase. You can call Hollywood Divers and speak with Bill, Hal or Kareem, they can steer you in the right direction. I've used that camera for a lot of topside stuff, I'm about to shoot some background plates with one for an FX based film. They're supposedly coming out with 16GB cards at NAB(which I will be at) in 2 weeks. You can also call Richard at Xtreme Scuba in Ventura who makes his own housings. He also makes different parts for Panavision 35mm cameras. I might have him make me a housing for my kick around DVX(still shopping). He will be more expensive but it's worth it.

P.S. Don't buy into the monitors, I'm making my own 5" LCD monitor for $150.

Billy

I can help with the AquaVideo housing. I rep the line on the west coast. Each housing is custom, so they don't come with a box.
I have the HVX200 in an AquaVideo housing. Short postings can be seen at
http://web.mac.com/lvhd

Call me at 702.598.1637
I also teach advanced video compositing at the local college.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom