How About a Pumpkin Carving Dive at Morrison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MysteryDiveBuddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Around Halloween? BYOP....gutting prior to submersion and weighting allowed, guts to be properly disposed of in county-provided garbage cans.....weighting of pumpkin legal but all carving must take place underwater.....afternoon dive.........bring some glowsticks for a spooky dusk group photo of finished masterpieces......heck take your pumpkin down to the cavern for a few shots if that's your thing and you remove it when you're finished.....grilling etc encouraged...............What do you all think?

Same general format as the Crab Grab: do your dives as you wish where and when then converge on Morrison for pumpkins and food.

In case you're interested in some rules to consider, here're ours:

The pumpkin must be unmarked.
The pumpkin must be intact at the start of the dive.
Only dive knives may be used.
You must carve your own pumpkins.
All parts of the rind must be retained & brought back for disposal.
20 minutes allowed.
At least one piece of trash must be recovered prior to exiting the water (carve 1st, then scout for trash. It's our environmental cleanup).
I think you're supposed to carve your own, no teamwork.

My local dive club is having a carving at Morrison on the 14th. I'll be dual purposing at it and Vortoberfest if my boss will ever get the schedule up so I can be sure I'm free. You could watch what happens at the Scubaholic carving to get some ideas.

It that a full moon. I think it should been done after sun down.

I was thinking the weekend before Halloween with a less-structured format than any of the club stuff, just for fun. While I hear that fish love pumpkin guts and they are technically natural I think it's inconsidorate to release several gallons of pukesque stuff into the spring. As for the night dive bit I'm not sure that would fly because while PHD and I sometimes stay a bit after sundown I think they might frown on a gathering of any significant (more than two) group being there. We get howled at as it is for using the VIP entrance in broad daylight prior to 8am.

I'm told the deputies will charge people with tresspassing if they go in there once the gate is closed for the nite. the club recently did a nite dive there but they arranged it with the Sherrif's office 1st.

I'm not advocating tresspassing, I was merely mentioning that occaisonally Wilbur and I do exit from a dive or snorkel slightly past sundown before the gate is locked but we are aware that this is not a sanctioned practice.

MysteryDiveBuddyrelease several gallons of pukesque stuff [/QUOTE:
Pukesque stuff... ? Is this what you're referring to?

pumpkin-puke.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom