How can I find a Komodo Liveaboard for this June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After reading all your recommendations, I am convinced that Komodo is the best all-around Indonesia dive location for both the big stuff and the small. I'm on a narrow window, where I can arrive in Bali June 1 and depart by June 11. I don't want the liveaboard to depart or return to Bali. Rather, I would like to take one of the domestic flights to Bima or a different local airport so that I can spend all my diving time in Komodo. Since this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I would prefer one of the higher end ships.

I'm having a difficult time locating a liveboard with availability for that time period. I'm am having a hard to find an exhaustive list of Komodo liveaboard. Do you have a recommendation? Is there a website with an exhaustive list of liveaboards and their schedules? Perhaps a travel agent who can guide me?

Thank you for helping me here.

Terry

As Matt & Dave pointed out, there are several agents (some even on this very forum) who can assist. I doubt any represent all the boats but they can direct you to something that should work, particularly if you are stuck with a very fixed schedule.

There are not many liveaboards left with available spaces for this June, a bit short notice.
There is one offer that could maybe interest you, but it requires changing dates: Amira - there is a 20% discount on cruise 21 May – 3 June from Maumere to Bali.

Other options with cruises within your time frame are a bit cheaper liveaboards, not so luxurious, but we still recommend them because the service they offer is really good, the difference is mainly in the cabin and boat appearance. They all offer cruises starting and finishing in Labuanbajo (Lalunia, Moana, Duyung Baru), so diving is focused on Komodo national park.

There are not many liveaboards left with available spaces for this June, a bit short notice.
There is one offer that could maybe interest you, but it requires changing dates: Amira - there is a 20% discount on cruise 21 May – 3 June from Maumere to Bali.

Other options with cruises within your time frame are a bit cheaper liveaboards, not so luxurious, but we still recommend them because the service they offer is really good, the difference is mainly in the cabin and boat appearance. They all offer cruises starting and finishing in Labuanbajo (Lalunia, Moana, Duyung Baru), so diving is focused on Komodo national park.

Which liveaboard departs in the begining of June?

I actualy plan to Komodo mid of July and did check several possibility to dive Komodo either LOB or land. If you can't find the suitable boat probably you can consider the Komodoresort at sebayur island, seem quite nice resort. good location, and reasonably priced.
They also offering LOB Moana and dive safari ti Komodo using small boat.
I don't know how good they are, but they response your queries well.
Unfortunately I have to cancel/postpone our Komodo trip.

Look at Black Manta shedule 5-10/06 - http://www.whitemanta.com, they are a new one in this area but seem good. I book them for August, will send report after:) You have to get flight Bali-Labuan Bajo ±200-230$ return ticket.
Reef seakers are good land operator, but it's a long time travelling to the dive sites and you can reach just part of them. I dove with them 2 times, Kath the owner is really very nice!
And sorry for my english..., Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom