How can i minimize resudual drops of water on.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another trick is to blow dry the lens using the air from your tank. There are a few off the shelf adapters that you can add to your bc quick connect.

Chris

Anybody try baby shampoo? I use it as a mask defog and it may help water run off the lense or dome topside.

---Bob

I'm here to tell you that licking the lens does work. Baby shampoo will work at the begining of the dive but will be long gone by the end. It also would be tough to blow off the lens while floating around in the ocean. How do you lick a 8" dome, a little time and a lot of saliva. Maybe that guy from Kiss would be available.

By the way this is not a joke (if anyone is thinking this). It really does work.

Lick the lens...its the same as spitting in your mask. Works like a charm. Especially when surfacing and you want to take pics from the water of your buddy or boat etc.
Baby shampoo works but will be gone by the end of the dive and so will most anti-fogs.

Kaz

E Rick:
How can i minimize residual drops of water on my lens when i take my camera and housing out of the water to take pictures....????? Is there any lens stuf????

Thank's Merci.:06:
Lick the lens, it's like spitting in your mask. If that doesn't work for that one bead of water, take your reg and purge it. The blast of air will get rid of it.
Good Luck
C-Dawg

When you buy shoes .. electronics or various other items that can be damaged by moisture they have packed with them little envelopes of Silica Gel carefully marked "Do Not Eat". You should be able to find one or more that will fit in your case with your camera. This is the best and IMO safest way to deal with the problem.

When you get them new from what eversource you need to dry them out FIRST (which is why they don't work for some people) all you have to do is stick them some where hot and dry for a short while and while they are still hot put them into an air-tight container.

I was told to NOT put them in the oven or on anything I may use for cooking so.. in the winter they sit in front of the hot air vents, on the radiator, or by the fireplace which ever is easier. In the summer I use an electric space heater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom