Strobes for Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Headed to Blue Heron Bridge for the first time later this month. I've been watching lots of YouTube video and the visibility there seems to vary a lot, as well as the amount of particulates in the water. I'm taking my camera, an Olympus E-M10 Mark IV, and wondering about strobes. I have Backscatter MF-2 strobes and Inon S-220 strobes. Am I better off thinking macro and not taking the S-220s? I figured on taking my 30mm macro lens and my Olympus 12-45 Pro lens. I also have SubSea 10+ and 5+ wet lens that I can take.

I would highly recommend you also reach out in the BHB thread Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

If you're doing macro, the angle of your strobes will have a big impact. Also, not silting while taking photos will have an even larger impact on particulates.

The MF2 or S220 strobes will work for macro. Bring extra strobes as backup in case you have a failure.

There's no right or wrong answer, bring what you're most comfortable with using.

I am headed to Blue Heron Bridge later this month. Do you recommend macro or wide angle set-up?

I am headed to Blue Heron Bridge later this month. Do you recommend macro or wide angle set-up?
Bhb has tons of macro if you know where and what to look for. If vis is good, there's some cool WA stuff under the East bridge. Most ppl are there for macro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom