How do I get the best deal at the Presidente?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDolphin

Reaction score
I need a package deal from LAX. Including airfare.

Anyone know of a good source where I can get a killer deal at the Presidente? I have no time limits or constraints.

Thanks to anyone who takes time to post.

Bay Adventures is advertising a "2005 early bird special" for a 7 night stay at the Presidente. I don't know if it is a "killer deal" but it is as good a place as any to begin your search. http://www.bayadventures.com/ Good luck.

http://www.madurodive.com/sizzling.html

Last week they had some nice packages... this week - None!

On my trips i've done it 4 ways...
1st: was through Apple Vacations.
2nd: booked through Expedia the whole trip.
3rd: Booked through The Presidente website and got my air through Continental.
4th: Funjet for charter air and booked the hotel (Caribe Blu this trip) separately.

You just need to find a combination that works... try Apple & Funjet if they fly out of your area, at least for the charter air. Both have direct charter flights from Chicago for $200 (not including taxes - $80ish). Now, that's a good price!

If you're going to dive with the onsite Dive-Op, try getting a quote through Scuba Du. The woman in charge is Vanessa... I doubt if she'll be around for the next week as there's a big Scuba Show in Chicago this weekend which she usually attends. Our World Underwater

Edited 1/13/05:
Well, Vanessa was NOT at Our World Underwater... neither were 2/3 of the vendors from last year. What a disappointment.

Rates go down around May, if you can wait, book after the low season rates kick in.

BlueDolphin:

Anyone know of a good source where I can get a killer deal at the Presidente? I have no time limits or constraints.

depending how creative (or better term--tight) you are, try booking a vacation deal with funjet.com, worryfreevacations.com, or vacationsbyadventure.com from DALLAS or HOUSTON to Cozumel. Actually Dallas has the best deals it seems.

then coordinate some cheap airfare from lax to dfw, which is always pretty easy to find.

just my 2 pennies.

mcmpw:
depending how creative (or better term--tight) you are, try booking a vacation deal with funjet.com, worryfreevacations.com, or vacationsbyadventure.com from DALLAS or HOUSTON to Cozumel. Actually Dallas has the best deals it seems.

then coordinate some cheap airfare from lax to dfw, which is always pretty easy to find.

just my 2 pennies.

A caveat about Funjet - they only fly on certain days, and you are restricted to booking a 3, 4, or 7 day stay. Also, check the flight times; some of their flights get to Coz late in the afternoon and the return flight leaves pretty early in the morning, so you lose most of a day.

BlueDolphin:

Call this number in Houston 713-784-2030 and ask for John Chromy.

One other thing is to join the Intercontinental Six Continents Club. I think its $100 to join, get 1 free night plus a guaranteed upgrade.

My recent experience here has always been that they are pretty tight as regards room pricing if you go direct.

They often adverise packages in the scuba magazines.

I can certainly recommend Bay Adventures. www.bayadventures.com

I used them to book a dive trip to Coz last May and found them to be quite helpful and we had a great time there. They got us discounted airfare and even fixed a last minute problem that came up. We're even using them to book us for a 16 person trip to Coz this July.

Ask for Al or Felix, great guys.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom