How do you dry your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40:
Lets say your doing multiple days of diving. You need your wetsuit dry within 12 hours. Whats the preferred method?

Will putting a wetsuit in the dryer hurt it? How about drying it with a hair dryer?

I agree diving in a wet wetsuit is not a big deal having to pack one for a flight home is. More so if wieght is a concern. I found that if I need to dry my stuff in a hurry a small room were you can arrange you stuff, booties, hood, gloves, and the wetsuit and a dehumidifier works the best. The key is to not let sufaces touch. I use a bathroom in my house and everything is dry overnight even the booties!

If you're traveling and have to get your wetsuit dry to pack away to fly, try squeezing it between towels until most of the moisture is out, then hang it in the shower overnight. We've found that this works for our 3mm suits very well and they are almost completely dry in the morning.

I let mine sit inside out on the hood of my car in the sun. The thing is usually totally dry within an hour.

If it's not sunny enough for that, I just let it dry as much as it can and put it on. If it's chilly, I'll heat up a little water and pour it in before I get in the water.

DavidPT40:
Lets say your doing multiple days of diving. You need your wetsuit dry within 12 hours. Whats the preferred method?

Will putting a wetsuit in the dryer hurt it? How about drying it with a hair dryer?
I have found I if I let the suit drip for a while, squeeze (do not wring) some more water out, and toss it in the dryer on air fluff with some towels that are already dry and have been heated up with the dryer on the normal setting, it is pretty dry in twenty minutes or so. If packed, it still needs to be hung to dry completely when I get to my next stop so the critters do not start growing.

If it is a comfort issue and not a packing issue, I just soak the suit in warm water and put it on wet.

hang it inside out - that way, the important part dries. It'll be dry in 12 hours.

yeugghh there's nothing worse than getting into a wet wetsuit..I bought 2 suits just to avoid it..

If you do not like to wear a "wet"suit, dry it inside out so the part against your skin should be dry or almost dry. Also, i have always placed a large beachtowel over my suit and walked on it or place weight on it to draw the excess moisture out then hang it inside out in a breezy location.

I just hang mine up to dry (most of the time)

However if i am going to dive before it can dry totally. I make sure to turn it inside out and dry the inside, I could care less if the out side is damp yet. And as mentioned above, I make sure my skin is dry for sure.

Keysdrifter454:
Buy a SKIN.

Dry that in the dryer.

Not the wetsuit.

Skins are nice for 80+F, or for under a wetsuit, but offer little thermal protection.

Even so, I'd be leery of putting it in a clothes dryer, and there's little need. They dry so quickly. I doubt that I'd ever want to risk any diving suit in a dryer, but I guess any could be ran thru on "fluff only" for extra venilation. :snorkel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom