How hard is the IDC/IE exams?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on the quality of some instructors I've seen, I would say:

"No where near hard enough!"

IMHO, no matter what the agency requirements may be, 100 dives is not enough for someone to even be considering instructing.

I also think that someone should have to serve as a DM for a while before being allowed to take an instructor course.

That is like someone who just got their license wanting to teach a driver education course...

No offense to the poster of the question, and not trying to quell your enthusiasm, but if you truly want to be an instructor, wouldnt you want to be the best instructor you could?

The best way to do that is get out and get some diving experience before trying to teach others how to dive.

Just wanted to say that I totally agree with your assessment; even though it was made 6 years ago. :)

The Idea of a diver with one hunded dives going to a IDC then taking the EI is a possible Dream.
Although is a diver a dive master with 100 dives or an apprentice (Paper) dive master. My suggestion is to go to a resort area and get a job as a full time Dive Master for atleast one year. Then become the best instructor you can be. Then Dive Dive Dive. Good Luck.

The Idea of a diver with one hunded dives going to a IDC then taking the EI is a possible Dream.
Although is a diver a dive master with 100 dives or an apprentice (Paper) dive master. My suggestion is to go to a resort area and get a job as a full time Dive Master for atleast one year. Then become the best instructor you can be. Then Dive Dive Dive. Good Luck.

I think if you look closely at the entry level "paid" dive resort jobs, the vast majority are fresh, new dive instructors. The only person you will benefit by "working" a year as a DM is the owner of the operation; because you will only cost him peanuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom