How Long to Get Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micks:
Don't sweat it. It takes a while for everything to ship n etc. It took me about 3 weeks to get everything.

Yeah, I'm just sitting tight. Guess its the lack of communication and the constant, "in a few days." Just tell me straight-up it'll be 2 to 3 weeks.

ams511:
I tried to find a post about a guy in North Miami whose wife bought him a mask for Christmas. The dive shop said it would be in around New Years and it never came. I wonder if it is the same shop.

Found it: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=174566

That was a different situation. The mask in question was announced, and not available ANYWHERE when it was paid for. Divers Discount is HUGE. They just likely were not able to get the mask in when the wholesaler promised.

Lehmann108:
Yeah, I'm just sitting tight. Guess its the lack of communication and the constant, "in a few days." Just tell me straight-up it'll be 2 to 3 weeks.

Hey, mind sharing what BC/REG and other *non stocked* items you are waiting for. There seems to be speculation, so the curious... are curious.

wedivebc:
So you know this because you have seen the books of most dive shops or you are just surmising based on a couple who might do business that way?:no

You are quite right, I went a little too far with my post. Often, some things are backordered and sometimes orders don't get placed right away. When I had my shop in Illinois it took about a week to get most orders in since most of the distribution points are either in California of Florida and that's the shipping time. If a customer needed something sooner I would always offer them expedited shipping (for my extra cost). If there is a problem getting equipment in on time, the shop should be up front about the reason for it. If they are not so forthcomming, one may infer the reasons on one's own. I have seen examples of shops that have problems delivering goods because of either their financial difficulties or their desire to squeeze the last cent out of every dollar they spend. Those are the ones who will usually not be giving a straight story to their customers. They do neither their customers nor the industry a service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom