How long to you inhale/exhale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best way to conserve gas in my experience has been not to think about my breathing just to breath as needed. Just like you do on land it will come naturally. You havent stopped yet have you?

Actually the best way to conserve gas is to stop darting around underwater. Take your time and enjoy the sights.

Almost every single diver I've dove with that had a poor SAC had it because they don't relax and move like they're on fire. Slow down, pull out of the fast lane.

As I said before when I mentioned a full cycle, don't worry so much about how long it takes you to breathe and concentrate more on getting a good deep breath and exhale it completely. If you do that the headaches and a lot of the being tired after diving will go away. Do proper ascents with multiple stops and you'll find most of the being tired after diving will now be gone as well.

Diving isn't that hard, getting a good SAC is something that comes with time and relaxation. Don't push it.

Like above post try to be relaxed and enjoy the show, I never counted the time but I know my exhale is sometimes much much longer than my inhale.

Hey adza
One of the best ways I found in over 32 years of trying to get the most out of every tank is to sing and/or hum while I dive. This not only controls your breathing but it relaxes your respiratory system through something that is very natural. I get a much improved air consumption rate and it is easy to do.
Britt :fish:
:fish:

CrazyScuba:
Hey adza
One of the best ways I found in over 32 years of trying to get the most out of every tank is to sing and/or hum while I dive.

You know, I'm going to have to remember to try this next dive. You've brought this up before and I always forget to try it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom