How lucky can you get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatieMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been in Roatan for a few weeks now - diving West End. On March 7th, I was at Dixie's with my 12 year old niece for her OW checkout dive and we spot a hammerhead cruising the wall 10-15 feet below us.

150 dives in this area and I have never seen anything but two nurse sharks. And on her OW checkout, she's lucky enough to spot a hammerhead.

She's going to have some pretty big expectations going forward, I think

And I just saw a nurse shark on this morning‘s dive. One trip, two sharks. I’ve been pretty lucky.

Any pics?

Our niece finished a marine biology master's, and we brought her to Bonaire to celebrate. She'd done "scientific diving" in California, but had never dived for fun. We gave her a tank banger with strict instructions not to use it. Her first tropical dive was at Cliff. Not five minutes in, "bang bang bang bang" goes the banger, just in time for us to look up and see a reef manta swimming right by her. We've seen them elsewhere, but not off Bonaire, before or after.

Our niece finished a marine biology master's, and we brought her to Bonaire to celebrate. She'd done "scientific diving" in California, but had never dived for fun. We gave her a tank banger with strict instructions not to use it. Her first tropical dive was at Cliff. Not five minutes in, "bang bang bang bang" goes the banger, just in time for us to look up and see a reef manta swimming right by her. We've seen them elsewhere, but not off Bonaire, before or after.
10 trips to Bonaire, 320 dives. Just saw my first Reef Shark there last December at Country Garden.

@drrich2 saw a manta, I believe at a southern site, and has a photo.

Go down, swim around, you never know what you will see.

10 trips to Bonaire, 320 dives. Just saw my first Reef Shark there last December at Country Garden.

@drrich2 saw a manta, I believe at a southern site, and has a photo.

Go down, swim around, you never know what you will see.
See @drrich2 photo #9

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom