How many have seen dolphins on their dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw two very very briefly on Christmas Morning in Raja Ampat with Black Manta. The day just git better and Bette after that....rose up with a huge all black manta twice , many grey reef sharks, turtles, the works really. Otherwise have only ever seen them on the surface.

Once, a full pod off of Turneffe in 2010. Is was one of the highlights all time in all of my dives to date. Hope it happens again soon!

Yes quite frequently here in the Red Sea. On a recent liveabaord to the Sudanese Deep South region we saw dolphins nearly every day, however, on one particular day we saw a pod of over a hundred... never saw that many before in one tine and it was quite remarkable.

I was lucky enough to encounter dolphins twice in the Red Sea, once near Hurghada and once near Marsa Alam.

Tried twice when spotted around the boat during the SI but each time we jumped in, off they swam.

Another time I had a spearo on a scooter come by to show me where he had just spotted a pod but by the time we arrived they had gone. :depressed:

To me, dolphins are one of the best things to see while diving. They're cognizant of you in a way that is different than the other life forms you encounter underwater. The energy they give off seems more in tune with our own... Can't get enough dolphin sightings.

This :). I think any time spent near any dolphins or whales is a humbling and deeply emotive in a way thats hard to quantify. Ive had them surround me on scuba and hang around half the dive, been freediving with humpbacks, and its not just when im in the water with them that gives me the adrenaline buzz. We often get them bowriding when we are sailing...the moment someone yells Dolphins on the Bow it seems the tired rope hauling crew all suddenly springs to life. Theres a whole different atmosphere on the ship when we have dolphins playing beside us....they know stuff :wink:

I have been diving for 30 years. I have worked in South Florida, Fiji, the Solomon Islands, all over the Caribbean, and Indonesia. Heck, I lived on a canal on Fort Myers Beach where I saw wild dolphins out my window almost every day. I've seen hammerheads, whale sharks, tiger sharks, more mantas than I can count, manatees, dugongs, almost every cool macro thing you can imagine...the list goes on forever.

I have had the most fortunate diving life, but it drives me freakin' crazy that I have never seen a wild dolphin on scuba. Arrrgh.

My wife and I were buzzed by a pod on our very first open water dive after certification. :) We thought that this diving stuff was going to be pretty cool. That next dolphin we saw while diving was nearly ten years later.

Frequently in the North Central Gulf/Panhandle Florida. When a couple of them circle you at a distance, round and round while you're slowly coming up the line, it's way cool and kind of mesmerizing.

My Wife and I saw 3 dolphins while diving in Negril, Jamaica about 2 weeks ago. Very cool!

Diving Revillagigedos (Socorro) last December, we had dolphins cruising by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom