How old is too old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my 13 yr old cressi aquapro3 in the closet as backup, it's pretty beatup, but doesn't leak anywhere and the inflator is almost new since I used with a integrated power inflator-octo when it was hitting the water.

Now, every now and then it gets loaned to a guest and performs like new.

My new girlfriend is going to put it to use it when she certifies.

If it performs well, just keep it, it may come handy later on.

My primary BC (and my only one) is one I bought new in 1988. It's a Scubapro Sport Classic, royal blue. I don't see many of them out there, but I love it.

I just recently had to replace my 24 year old ScubaPro BC because of "unrepairable" leaks found by my dive shop. I used to get quite a kick out of the looks I'd get from folks when I pulled out that old international orange BC. some guys said I should donate it to the Smithsonian.

I'm with Dr. Bill, i'd love to have my original USD horse collar bc, talk about vintage!

drbill:
I like keeping backups. I now have 5 BC's (two of which I never use but would be appropriate for guests). Wish I still had my first backpack but it would be vintage!
Maybe we can get some gumment money to study this..
<as you know, I'm kidding>

I am not good at reselling my extra stuff. Usually I bought the top notch product and keep it regardless of their usage. But, I used to face with the space issue rather than financial issue. If I live in a Big Big house, who cares how many golf sets and BCDs I have. :)

Gotta Second a previous post -- go to ebay.

A few months ago, I sold a 1986 Dacor BCD (good condition) for 25.00 plus shipping.

Also sold 2 regs and gauge console - dacor pacer 950xl reg and octo plus tekna console w/ compass, depth, and computer for $80.00 plus shipping.

I was ready to just toss this equip. But, there was a market for it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom