How old is Your Regulator & Oldest lasting Regulator ??

How old is your oldest Functional Regulator

• 3 years

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 6 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7 yr

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 8 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 9 yr

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 yr

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 10 -15 yr

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • 15 -20 yr

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 20 - 30 yr

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • 30+ yr

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro MK6 Pneumatic 1st stage and R109 & R108 regulators. Bought used in 1978 and had the 1st stage converted to a MK5 sometime in the 1980's due to recall issues. I've had this stuff for going on 33 years and like I said, I bought it used and it is still going strong. Getting ready to have it serviced and will start using it again once the weather warms up a little.

Where's the Mk6 bit?

The pneumatic part. Do you want to sell it?

I have a SP MKV circa 1972 still in working order, and a Poseidon Cyklon 300 1976 version, a nice
Mares MR12, and several current Apollo regs. Well maintained regs last a good while.

Sorry knowone I didn't understand your question. Unfortunately I no longer have the parts to convert it back to a mk6. Just had a LDS make an offer I couldn't refuse if I still had the parts... Oh well, had I only knew then what I know now! It is still very cool diving with retro gear and quit the conversation piece. This is the only set of regulators I have ever dove with so I kinda feel like a dinosaur. Thanks for the interest though.

Does a car still use a piston?

Dacor Pacer really old works like a top

I had a couple of Dacor Pacers; they were still working when I retired them, but they were as heavy as bricks. I had US Divers Micra regulators after that. The second stage could only be described as "petite," and very lightweight. I don't remember why I ditched them in favor of my Atomics--I was probably feeling flush and got the itch to buy some gear. They were just gleams in my eye when this poll was taken--they're still quite young.

Back
Top Bottom