How To Be The Ultimate Lobster Chef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After many trips to Baja California lobster cooperative's , this is one of my favorite recipes to serve this tasty crustacean. Simple but effective , first split it in two by turning it upside down and leaving intact the head , tail and antennae , may use meat cleaver. Second scoop out the guts from the two heads and frontal halves .Third heat your frying oil and chopped garlic and a pinch of salt in a large cast iron skillet. . Third fry and turn the halves then serve the most beautiful presentation with the shell up on a plate . No butter necessary !

After many trips to Baja California lobster cooperative's , this is one of my favorite recipes to serve this tasty crustacean. Simple but effective , first split it in two by turning it upside down and leaving intact the head , tail and antennae , may use meat cleaver. Second scoop out the guts from the two heads and frontal halves .Third heat your frying oil and chopped garlic and a pinch of salt in a large cast iron skillet. . Third fry and turn the halves then serve the most beautiful presentation with the shell up on a plate . No butter necessary !

I am in SoFla eating Caribbean spiny, I assume the taste of Cali spiny may vary.

For the bugs we get down here -- I usually just remove the head, devein the tail, boil in salted water for 8-12 mins (dependent on size) and then dice into chunks & serve with melted butter.

If I'm feeling like doing more work I have a lobster bake recipe utilizing lemon juice, Ritz crackers and a few select seasonings. Or sometimes lobster tacos with a cilantro-lime slaw. Can share recipes if anyone is interested.

After many trips to Baja California lobster cooperatives ....
I dunno, man. When I lived in San Diego we would drive down to San Quintin and camp on the hill above the beach, and locals selling lobster would sometimes walk by. We would grill the lobster over mesquite, slathered with achiote-garlic butter (yeah, we were prepared for this as well as the oysters we'd buy from the aquaculture place).

The Modelos came in returnable bottles, and you had to bring them back to the same store you bought them from.

I miss those days.

Substituted Lobster tails in a Conch Fritter Recipe.....
Better than anything I've had eating out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom