How to book for a Thailand trip ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In answer to the subject line ... it's easy contact Quero on this forum ....

A few weeks back, I mentioned I was going to Singapore on business and was looking to spend 4 days or so diving at the end of the week.

A couple of suggestions pinged about ... and very quickly it became obvious as I only wanted to dive for 4 days and limit travelling .. the way forward was flight to Phuklet and 4dya 4 nights on a Livaboard.
One of the posters made a suggestion to wait for Quero .. she woul be along shortly and may be able to advise.

She did .... I put some simple requirements ... 4 days diving, could arrive on the Thursday night.. wanted to do Similans & Richleau Rock.
By simple Q&A it was clear I was more interested in diving without frills, so didn't need a huge dive boat and Jacuzzis etc. ,,,,,,,,,, in fact smaller & simpler was better for me, it also kept cost down.

Quero got options for me, we discussed them and then opted for Manta Queen II operated by KLSA Diving Similan Islands Thailand | Liveaboard, Day trips, PADI Courses | Diving Khaolak Thailand Khao lak Scuba Adventures PADI 5 Star IDC Similan Dive Center
They are a very well run professional oufit, and all the booking and deakling with them was taken care of by Quero.
I just had to arrive at the airport .. and they were there waiting.

As it happens I had a medical problem which forced early curtailment (see separate post) but KLSA were extremely professional in their response, they were no interested in cost .. only in customer care !
Also Quero stpped in to offer any assistance required - we even met up in Phuket, in that most Thai of place .. McDonalds (well McCafe anyway)

I will return next year, will again book via Quero ... and if KLSA and MQII were offered would have no qualms about booking them.

Scubaboard - came up trumps for me !

Hey guys, actually this is pretty timely. My buddy and I are planning to do a liveaboard at those exact spots for the same duration in January (4 days, 1/19-23). Just from googling we found a reasonable price on a decent-looking boat (MV Andaman), but the Manta Queen costs the same, has one more dive, free pickups in Phuket and has way more photos and details for us to drool over while we count down the days to our vacation. It's also nice to see positive reviews, of which there are many. We just sent in a booking request, though it didn't ask for dates so I guess we'll be completing the booking process via email.

I've been considering learning to do nitrox, trying to weigh whether it's worth it (they offer nitrox training for just under 5,000 baht, not sure if that's additional or if it would be discounted if I do it on-board... I'd rather not let a bunch of studying and training get in the way of the relaxing dives). If anyone has any thoughts I'd be happy to hear 'em!

Well, Griddable, if you had contacted me, you would already have your booking and all your answers! The nitrox course is priced to cover the cost of the materials and the classroom time. There are no dives required, but when you do the course on a liveaboard, it generally includes a couple of dives on nitrox as well. As for not wanting to spend your time studying, why not consider the e-learning option? You could complete your whole course before you come.

Oh! haha thanks Quero. Do you work with KLSA or are you independent? The e-learning stuff is tempting, but doesn't that usually cost a bit extra? I wouldn't mind a bit of studying on the boat a bit if it saved me some money, since I'm still young and budget-minded.

There were a few doing the Nitrox course while I was on the boat .... it's not excatly that difficult a course.
When I did mine it was on a boat in teh Reda Sea .. and you had to do the dives as well ... but typical PADI ... they don't want to put anything like real work in the way of making it easy for you to part with your money.
I'm sure they will come up with a way of gaining OW certification without getting wet soon.

Kudos and many thanks to Quero for helping us plan and execute a fantastic dive trip to Thailand recently that included day trips with her from Phuket on both ends of a 10-day liveaboard in the Andaman Sea. She always listened carefully to what we wanted and provided only options that met our desires, gave us spot-on advice when we asked for it, and wise counsel when we were unsure or unaware of implications to our decisions. She selflessly and efficiently helped us with any unexpected problems encountered, dive-related or not, and was both a very knowledgeable, helpful dive companion and a professional, effective tutor for some UW photography skills we wanted to hone. Although in the past we have always planned and booked our dive trips ourselves, the next trip we take to the Western Pacific/Southeast Asia will start with Quero.

Back
Top Bottom