How to determine spacing for the bottom clip on sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just hang naturally in the water.How is your trim? If feet down grab the tanks and pull them forwards,your head should go down. (assuming steel tanks)

If you need to adjust the position of the cambands, lie on the bottom !! :shakehead: !! unclip a tank,move the camband (to make your head go down move the band further down the tank) repeat until trim is perfect.

Yeah, see I am trapped by two factors:
1. I am only using aluminum.
2. The Dive Rite Nomad Ring Bungie put the tank down by the sides so there is not much adjuting down to do.

I tried the 12 oclock / 3 oclock but with old school st 71 2250 psi tanks. Good advice I'll keep it. Using Original Nomad, Cam Bands and Short Bungies, TLS 350 Drysuit. Trim is very comfy and ease of movement perfect. I love watching all the sidemounters helping each other...there is some mystery to this hobby and I love all the creative ideas. Thanks to SB for helping me learn yet again. Hal

Not sure how any manufacturer can second-guess the specific requirements of a sidemount diver, irrespective of shape, size, exposure protection, cylinder type or a dozen other factors....?!?

Of course, a manufacturer cannot second guess the specific requirements of a sidemount diver, but it seemed logical to me that a sidemount diver could use the measurements in the Armadillo instructions to initially place the clip and then adjust it from there for proper trim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom