How to explore shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a seasoned diver, had never dived with him encircled by interested onlookers at the dive shop
with him drawing an underwater map of a site in an area of hundreds so I recognised it and told them so

A guy drawing an underwater map on the counter on a paper scrap, and I recognised it, I was impressed

See so all you need is some seasoning

It's also quite inspiring having a chat with Howard Rosenstein

It was SO much easier when we had to think to survive, rather than surrendering our thinking to survive

It only happens, when you make it, so
Howard Rosenstein is in the Scuba Diving Hall of Fame alongside names such as David Doubilet, Eugenie Clark and of course Jacques Cousteau.

Not only Red Sea diving pioneer (first dive club in Egypt and Sinai): also among first liveaboards to cover all red sea all the way to Seychelles Aldabra, inventor of ProEar mask and of course all the Fantasea line of underwater photography.

There was a reef guide for Cozumel created years ago through a cooperative effort between the dive shops. I wish I had a better reference to it, but it has been several years since I even visited there.

I want to remember it as being both graphic and descriptive.

Maybe someone else on here can remember it and offer better information.
My wife found our copy of the "Cozumel Dive Guide & Log Book". It was published in 2003 through the collective efforts of dozens in the dive community, and sponsored in part by Deep Blue dive shop.

I've attached a sample page of the format used. The book itself, is about 6.5 inches by 8 inches.

1714919706400.jpeg

1714919787120.jpeg

1714919824751.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom