How to get help/response from Ocean Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBlueDog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How to I get Ocean Reef to reply and give me some help. I written to them twice, posted my problem in this group but it’s been total silence on this issue.

I am finding that my Neptune III mask stutters at inhalation particularly breathing hard if I have been exerting myself, if for instance,
I have been finning against the current. Also the mask is more likely to stutter if breathing through the nose than through the mouth. Not only does it stutters at shallow depth but I had it at 10m and was afraid to go deeper. I have checked the intermediate pressure of
the 1st stage and it’s right on 140 psi.

The silence from Ocean Reef doesn’t encourage and giving me a distinct impression that I bought an expensive piece of junk!!!!

I called them numerous times for various things. Customer/Technical Support Jesse is awesome to deal with. ‭(760) 744-9430‬ option 3. If no answer hit 0 and talk with Mary.
As for the problem you have, it seems to be normal at shallow depth. My maximum depth was 100 ft and the mask was fine from about 40-45 ft down. I breathe mostly through my mouth (new diver), but I am working on breathing through my nose.
Don't be afraid to go deep, you have a state of the art mask.

I called them numerous times for various things. Customer/Technical Support Jesse is awesome to deal with. ‭(760) 744-9430‬ option 3. If no answer hit 0 and talk with Mary.
As for the problem you have, it seems to be normal at shallow depth. My maximum depth was 100 ft and the mask was fine from about 40-45 ft down. I breathe mostly through my mouth (new diver), but I am working on breathing through my nose.
Don't be afraid to go deep, you have a state of the art mask.
Hello, thanks for the numbers but I don't live in USA. I was going deep (30m) and it was stuttering. I solved it by slightly raising the cracking pressure and all went well at all depth. The most annoying thing about Ocean Reef is that they absolutely won't give you any techical information insisting that the most minor thing is done by their techs. I do breath through my nose and when it was stuttering I noticed that it was more likely to stutter when nose breathing than mouth breathing.

You crancked the pressure to the first stage? To what pressure?

You crancked the pressure to the first stage? To what pressure?
You don't crack the first stage. But I did set the first stage to 9.7 bar. Cracking pressure is the pressure where the demand valve opens. I just tightend the spring a little bit. I measured the cracking presure it was around 25-30mm water equavalent, closer to 30mm

Back
Top Bottom