How to recognize a good dive center? Divers Lodge in Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucmarchand

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I'm looking for a dive center in Egypt to get my DM. After 3 weeks of searching, I had a great offer from Divers Lodge in Hurghada. Does anyone know this place?

I'm wondering if it's a good deal as it's a lot cheaper than most of the dive center I found in the same area (50% cheaper). That leads to the question if it's a good one or not. Maybe it's a new dive center which is trying to attract people with great offer? Or perhaps it's a crapy one... How can I know if it's a good one?

Can somebody help me?

Laurie.

When planning your DM you should not stare yourself blind in the price column but look for what kind of result the Dive Centre has had with DM candidates the past. If you find that in many cases the DM candidate turns into a DM for the same centre then they are obviously doing something right. There are plenty of options in Hurghada and a few are better than others some are worse. I have recently seen many DM candidates come and go through our little community here in Hurghada and I can honestly say that in no other Dive Centre has a better Dive Pro Training Philosophy and success rate than Dive Point (where I have no interests). If you speak a few useful languages you will get work in Egypt after your course completion if you have Dive Point as Training Facility on your DM Card.

.......anders.......

Hi thanks Anders. You're making a good point. As you know Hurghada, what do you think about Divers Lodge? Do you know them? Is it a decent dive center? I can't find any review about them.

Laurie

The only advice I would give is if you can, ask a PADI pro to check the "shop locator" on the PADI website for any dive centre you are thinking of using. This will tell you if they are registered with PADI or not..hope this is helpful :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom