How to remove paint.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well anyway here is a pic of them repainted in white plasti-dip.... they look sharp! the paint dosetn crack or chip is very flexible. but im not sure how well it resists stains. ill find that out on next weeks lake dive.

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

Please keep us posted as to how the plasti dip holds up. I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it, but now that I know about it... :D

well anyway here is a pic of them repainted in white plasti-dip.... they look sharp! the paint dosetn crack or chip is very flexible. but im not sure how well it resists stains. ill find that out on next weeks lake dive.

so did you dip them, use the spray plasti-dip, or brush it on?

Please keep us posted as to how the plasti dip holds up. I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it, but now that I know about it... :D

plasti-dip a rubber compound that is used for coating the handles of your tools/wrenches/pliers, etc... i have only seen it sold at home depot but the only sell black. i had to order this stuff online. just google it an youll find plenty of stores that carry it, but summit racing sells it the cheapest. thats where i got it from.

so did you dip them, use the spray plasti-dip, or brush it on?

i used the spray form.

haha, sorry i forgot to post pics but these are now a couple dives in sense i sprayed them. and the green pic is from Wen. at a lake, its the only pic i could find. it was my brothers first time using our camera so there are a lot of bad pics. it was also a bad environment.

PICT0016.jpg

and i just took these pics, like i said there are like 3 dives in and they are still holding up very well. just a slight brown stianing from the mud on the edges but they are still clean and bright

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

even with them looking ghastly people say they can still spot me from quite a distance because i painted them white.

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg
Well at least you'll be instantly recognized by any Scubaboard members because I seriously doubt anyone else on this planet has a pair of SP White fins.

I'll keep a weather eye out for your white fins and if and when I spot them I'll be sure to say "Hi ScubaDubr!".

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom