How will you progress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've been thinking about this, since my plans for 2004 are almost done
(finished Rescue in April, will finish Intro to Cave next month).

i am thinking of the following for 2005:

DIR-F
NAUI Master Diver
Advanced Nitrox

Rescue in progress - should finish within days
diving, diving and diving
advanced nitrox - IANTD
DIR F - maybe
that's for a year.
I don't plan further
Mania

Rescue before the season is out, DM next spring.

idahodivers:
Rescue before the season is out, DM next spring.

Have done AOW

Done Nitrox

Doing Rescue

Onto Divemaster afterwards

AI

Then instructor hopefully, with intentions of doing advanced nitrox in there somewhere as well.

Lots of diving and dive mastering (when I can get the gigs) next year. Maybe I will take my Normoxic Tri-Mix next year, but I don't see the money happening and I lack the buddies to dive with if I did complete it.

When I get my Normoxic Tri-Mix done, then I will look at instructor (Advanced Open Water Instructor) for my shop.

In other words, I am pretty happy with the training that I have now. If all that I do is to apply the courses that I have taken, (in other words LOTS of diving) that will do me more good than more classes right now. Besides, I have to retake a couple of courses next year to stay current as a DiveCon with our shop.

This isn't to say that I don't mean to improve. But at some point, the progression is accomplished with practice, not classes.

My progression:

SSI Open Water
NAUI Nitrox
SSI Advanced
SSI Rescue
SSI Master Diver

At this point I was interested in moving toward tec. My Interests were caves and wrecks. I enjoyed working with new divers but didn't want to go any further with SSI, I didn't like the local shop.
Two of my mentors (thousands of miles apart,they don't know each other) both suggested that I become an Instructor. The knowledge and the experience would help with my technical training. Also $ from teaching, DMing etc, and better deals from working with a shop would help with the equipment needed for technical diving.
I've always thought that if you hear the same thing from more than one source maybe you should take a look at it!

I became a NAUI Instructor Spring of 2003
I'm currently taking NAUI Advanced Nitrox, Deco Proceedures and Helitrox.
I may go to Florida in January (if funds permit) for Cavern, Intro, and Full Cave (the skills will help me to be a better wreck diver).
I plan on taking Trimix next year (after a bunch more Helitrox dives), and hope to eventually become a tec Instructor.

Since I started diving I've always went to "what's next". Not as card collecting, but as learning more and more! When I stop learning it's time to hang up my fins.

Finish the DM training I started. Maybe look into decompressiong techniques. I want more bottom time on those wrecks in the baltic sea... And also want to go deeper to the untouched ones, so a trimix course will follow if I start on that road.

Other than that, keep diving. Find new places to dive and explore.

Working on DM now. Lots more diving in different locations (only dove in Hawaii), Advanced dive medicine school ( signed up three times and it's been undoable each time becouse of outside problems. Not enought students ect.) HAZMAT diver at some point. Not sure if I will go to inst. at this point. Don't want to screw up somethng I love doing by working at it too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom