How would you hook this booster to a H Bottle of O2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McMaster Carr is possibly the most expensive place to buy anything on the planet.

The hose you have selected has NPT male ends

You will need a female female adapter to connect the hose to the CGA540 nut and nipple.

Can anyone see why this wouldn't work?

View attachment 817022

CGA540 Nipple - McMaster-Carr
Oxygen Hand Wheel - Oxygen Hand Tight Nut
Hose - McMaster-Carr
37 Degree Flare Fitting - McMaster-Carr

This would just replace the current whip I have that goes to a DIN tank and adapt it for a CGA540 H Tank. I can just leave this one at home and take the DIN one in the field w/ me.

I'm not quite sure I have the right JIC Fitting, just want it to connect to the hose then to the booster.
If you use the handwheel type "nut" to hold the nipple on you want the matching nipple with the soft teflon sealing tip. The nipple you picked has a raw metal tip and is meant to be held on with a wrench tightened nut.

Call them, they'll customize this for you (if you only need the inlet side for example). They sell this with surprisingly small margin it seems based on my shopping efforts to replicate.

If you're doing DIY have a look at Parker hydraulic catalog, but the money saved isn't worth the hassle IMHO.

Can anyone see why this wouldn't work?

View attachment 817022

CGA540 Nipple - McMaster-Carr
Oxygen Hand Wheel - Oxygen Hand Tight Nut
Hose - McMaster-Carr
37 Degree Flare Fitting - McMaster-Carr

This would just replace the current whip I have that goes to a DIN tank and adapt it for a CGA540 H Tank. I can just leave this one at home and take the DIN one in the field w/ me.

I'm not quite sure I have the right JIC Fitting, just want it to connect to the hose then to the booster.
Call Northeast Scuba Supply, talk to John.

You have IMO two options, you can get a whip that has female DIN on one side, hose, then CGA540 on the other.
Replace the existing whip and put QD's on it so you can swap between DIN or CGA or whatever else.
This is the page that you want, it has everything you are going to need, but I would talk to John as he has helped a lot of people sort themselves out over the years and while I do consider him a friend, he is just a tremendous resource to the community

Check it out keep it din use adaptors

into booster

010.JPG

out of booster

006.JPG

DIN screw fittings here, DIN screw fittings there, DIN screw fittings everywhere!

and some S&M on the o2 bottle

001.JPG

as you can never be too careful with your o2 bottle, or....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom