Howdy from Portland, OR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colonelchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just found this forum and it looks like my prayers have been answered in terms of a place where lots of good basic (and not so basic) information abounds.

I qualified last summer in the cold, low viz waters of the Hood Canal on Puget sound and made 3 more dives just north of Seattle where I saw a lot of folks with a lot of expensive equipment rooting around where finding the wrecks in the marine park was a challenge for the good divers. I just got in 2 dives in Cancun and 2 in Cozumel. I'm hooked! Guess I was cut out to be a warm water diver :)

cheers

chuck

welcome to the board colonelchuck. You will find a wealth of infromation in here:)

I have friends that live around Umatilla, OR. The divers among them really seem to like drysuit diving in Puget Sound. Me? Personally, I haven't run out of warm water spots to dive in. There's just something about a 3mm wetsuit that I find appealing.:boom:

Welcome to the boards! From one warm water diver to another you might want to watch out when you knock cold water diving. There are some very sensitive cold water divers out there who will question your testosterone levels and family history if you say you would rather be warm thatn cold!

and welcome to the board. As you said, you'll find a wealth of information here, and a whole bunch of friends you never knew you had.

I can totally relate to the love of warm water diving!!

:confined:

Although I won't turn down a cold water dive either!!

Have fun discovering all the wisdom held by members of this Board!!

Hi Chuck,

We live in rain and dive in mud, but there are times when the sun comes out and the vis is 30+.

Welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom