Howdy from the PNW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do it right you might not get sick of us talking about it here. Where in WA are you from / diving? Lots of local groups in the interwebs.

If you do it right you might not get sick of us talking about it here. Where in WA are you from / diving? Lots of local groups in the interwebs.
I am open to anything in the pnw, even up in Vancouver would be cool. what groups are there in Washington?

I am open to anything in the pnw, even up in Vancouver would be cool. what groups are there in Washington?
Buoy Marker Club (Seattle ish)
Bubbles & Suds (Seattle ish)
Thursday Night Diving (Redondo)

Those three are on bookface and meet often. Buoy is a club with dues but worth the cost (pretty minimal). If you aren't diving dry yet you may want to consider it. I dove wet for 20 years and wish I'd pulled the trigger sooner. Check out Seaskin, they're fully custom for 1/3 the cost of other brands.
Seaskin.co.uk

Buoy Marker Club (Seattle ish)
Bubbles & Suds (Seattle ish)
Thursday Night Diving (Redondo)

Those three are on bookface and meet often. Buoy is a club with dues but worth the cost (pretty minimal). If you aren't diving dry yet you may want to consider it. I dove wet for 20 years and wish I'd pulled the trigger sooner. Check out Seaskin, they're fully custom for 1/3 the cost of other brands.
Seaskin.co.uk
Thanks! I will have to join those.

I think I want to go to warmer waters for some experience before deciding. The cold wasn't too bad but the visibility wasn't great. I don't have any friends who dive though, could I just look into dive clubs in the area I want to go to ?
Also, are there any wetsuit brands you'd recommend? maybe a 5 or 7 mm

It’s my opinion that you not become proficient enough only doing destination dives starting out. I recommend diving where you live to get good so the dive trips are more enjoyable.

If you're going to be diving regularly year around in Puget Sound and/or Lake Washington, you will probably want to get drysuit certified (especially given your username.)

Thanks! I will have to join those.

I think I want to go to warmer waters for some experience before deciding. The cold wasn't too bad but the visibility wasn't great. I don't have any friends who dive though, could I just look into dive clubs in the area I want to go to ?
You'd be surprised how many friends or buddies you'll make by diving with these groups. I dove a 7mm farmer John for over a decade until I got a Hollis 6/7/8 semi dry. I then got my dry suit about a year later. That semi dry is about $650-700. For $1200 I got a fully custom drysuit that takes all the suck out of diving around here. Spend a few hundred more and get the right equipment.

Visibility around here from late April - October is generally pea soup until you get below 65-70 fsw. The warm weather brings a nasty algae bloom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom