How's St Thomas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not answer before because I have never dove from st. Thomas, But have spent over 6 weeks diving the BVI. there are at least 10 wrecks, lots of options for wall dives reef dives and generally anything you want to see. Some will claim that there are no large things (sharks) however I have seen them. I believe that the St. thomas operators are mostly diving around St. John if they are not willing to go accross to the BVI. bring your passport, I do not know what is required to cross the border and maybe not even needed if you never set foot on shore.

the Rhone is very touristy and I would skip it, the burnt out boat on the other side is way more interesting, but if you like piles of sticks, then the rhone is great. (a bit of an exageration, it is sort of cool to see a boat that old.)
and the best beach bar on the planet is on Jost, The soggy dollar bar.

Just back from St Thomas myself CB5150! Had a great week diving with Aqua Action. Cow rock does have some great swim-thru's. AADivers do a lot of reef dives as that is what is close on the east end. I did do one dive with Blue Island and they were also very nice to dive with. Ask to go to "Chrysler", it is the nicest reef I have seen but I am still a newbie. Wish I was going back with no hotel costs! More money for food and beverages.

I thought the diving with Blue Island Divers on St Thomas was fine. But there was definately more hostile attitude towards the tourists then what you see on most islands these days. Back in the 70s-80's Jamaica had that tone/attitude until they realized tht if the tourists were not coming, it was a serious problem economically for the island. Lovely resort on St T is Marriotts Frenchmen's Reef. Perfectly awful resort Bluebeard's Tower villas. So awful that RCI actually gave me my week back when I sent them the photos and trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom