Hp steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aichtwooh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My BF ordered a HP STEEL 100 at the Sport Chalet Tent Sale in HB. What are the specs on the tank (weight full/empty, buoyancy etc.)?

Also, what are the specs on the HP STEEL 80? I am interested in getting one.

I cannot find any information on the website.

I tried to send an message via the website, but the reCAPTCHA is not working correctly. Even when you input it (using the visual version) correctly (tried many, many, many times) it says it has been input incorrectly. The audio version is unintelligible.

Thank you.

If you fill the HP100 to 3000 psi its an 80CF cylinder. If you know a guy who knows a guy you can jam it to 4K with whatever you want and its great for transfilling later if you want. The HP100 is just a great all around tank.. congrats on seeing the light.

I think an HP80 will be cute, but annoy you because you'll likely not see full fills unless you leave it overnight so it can cool and get topped. Depending on your height it may be a pain to get in/out of as you'll fall back when taking off your gear and your wing will constantly be pinched if you have a bp/harness.

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to confirm specs with Sherwood. I am pretty small (5'2", 90lbs), so I think I want the 80. I currently have a XS Scuba HP65 for beach dives (lots of stairs and sometimes surf in southern California). Getting low fills is my incentive to get the larger 80 for boat dives. Though the 100 is attractive, I worry that the 100 might be to heavy for me to climb up the boat ladder. A 5.5 lb difference to a 180 lb person is proportionally like 11 lbs to me. But I will try my BF's 100 in a pool with lead for saltwater and see how it feels climbing out. I used an HP100 in Cozumel and almost unintentionally rolled off the boat because of the weight (using no lead), and the first time I climbed out of a pool with an AL63 and 14lbs of lead, the words OH MY GOD, I HOPE I CAN GET OUT OF THE POOL rang in my head. Hopefully it will be okay. Also hopefully, my air consumption will improve over time. I feel like I use a lot of air for a small female.

Manufacturing Process: Built from Chromium Molybdenum steel plates. Utilizes the spun process.

Exterior Finish: Shot Blast - Zinc spray coating - powder paint.
Interior Finish: Shot Blast - Highly-resistant to internal rusting.
Valves:Model High Pressure Din Valve #300S-S-35.
Standard inlet thread (3/4"-14 NPSM).
Boots: A high quality boot is included.

SIZECU
FT
PSI DIAMETER LENGTH WEIGHT
LBS
BUOYANCY
FULL
LBS
BUOYANCY
@500 PSI
LBS
80 78 3442 7.290 20.80 30.9-11.5-6.1
10098 3442 7.290 25.20 36.4-12.1-5.2

It was hard to find their contact info so I thought I would post it:

Cramer Decker Industries
1641 E. St Andrew Place
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Toll Free: 800.347.9766
Local: 714.566.3820
Fax: 714.566.3839
Recreational Watersports Department: scuba@cramerdecker.com

Recreational Watersports Department Customer Service Representative
Norman Castillo: normancastillo@cramerdecker.com

By the way, with the Sherwood HP Steel Tanks, expect to replace an O-ring. The O-rings they ship with are very poor quality.

Skip the HP80 and instead get a LP85. Way easier to get filled accurately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom