Humbolt squid dive auction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OU:
I think that I will pass on this one. Chainmail is not very DIR.

Oh I think it is. Diving with Humboldt wearing chainmail is the RIGHT way to do it. The question is one of redundancy :)

Ok folks, I haven't posted in very long time - not much internet access on a boat, but I LIVE IN THE SEA OF CORTEZ aboard the Andrea Lynn (www.seaofcortezdiving.com). Yes we fish for humboldt squid almost every week - it is a sight to see - we do move to deep waters at night (no moon) to fish for them with glow-in-the-dark squid-jigs. The rest of the diving here is pretty nice - usually 40ft or less and I am amazed at the amount of coral growth and sea life. The spearfisherman love it (good eatin). Believe me I won't get in the water with those squid, but my customers & I did an awesome night dive in Refugio Bay at Isla de La Guardia. Next night we fished for squid - vicious creatures but yummy!.

As for cages - that is our next adventure - we start Shark Diving trips to Guadelupe Island out of Ensenada on Sept 15th (www.sdsharkdiving.com). Customers will experience the great white shark migrations from the security of the cages.

Elena
mselenaous@yahoo.com
www.seaofcortezdiving.com

Otter:
Oh I think it is. Diving with Humboldt wearing chainmail is the RIGHT way to do it. The question is one of redundancy :)
Dive buddy, or team mate = redundancy:wink:

Redundancy, right....

What's that joke about the guy changing into tennis shoes when he sees a bear...his friend says "I don't think that'll make a difference, you won't be able to outrun it" and he replies "I just have to outrun you."

Still, I gotta admit, I want to do it. (The squid dive, not the bear/shoes trick.)

mselenaous:
Ok folks, I haven't posted in very long time - not much internet access on a boat, but I LIVE IN THE SEA OF CORTEZ aboard the Andrea Lynn (www.seaofcortezdiving.com). Yes we fish for humboldt squid almost every week - it is a sight to see - we do move to deep waters at night (no moon) to fish for them with glow-in-the-dark squid-jigs. The rest of the diving here is pretty nice - usually 40ft or less and I am amazed at the amount of coral growth and sea life. The spearfisherman love it (good eatin). Believe me I won't get in the water with those squid, but my customers & I did an awesome night dive in Refugio Bay at Isla de La Guardia. Next night we fished for squid - vicious creatures but yummy!.

As for cages - that is our next adventure - we start Shark Diving trips to Guadelupe Island out of Ensenada on Sept 15th (www.sdsharkdiving.com). Customers will experience the great white shark migrations from the security of the cages.

Elena
mselenaous@yahoo.com
www.seaofcortezdiving.com

I am licenced as a guide in the same area where the Andrea Lynn goes. Fishing for Humboldt Squid with a mexican fishing licence is illegal as a tourist. Tourists can only take fin fish in accordance with the mexican laws. Same goes for the Scallops that I hear people take from the same boat.

Ought to have your captian check out the rules.

Squid, lobster, crab, scallops, abalone, octopus, mussels, conch, clams, etc. are all off limits.

Just cause the customers want to do it is not reason to let it happen.

No Humboldt Squid are killed as a result of the Humboldt Squid diving trips in Loreto. Only mexican licenced guides are allowed to handle or touch the squid in any way.

GTB

Back
Top Bottom