Hurricane Earl Results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm hearing there's devastating damage around San Pedro Town but it's mixed. Chuck and Robbies has severe damage, Ecologic Divers is gone, half of Wet Willy's is gone, and the Palapa Bar and Grill is gone. Island Divers said they are in good shape with minor damage. Ambergris Divers lost their pier but some damage to the building which is still there. The dock is destroyed at Ramon's Village. Amigos Del Mar building is still there. Any other reports?

Last edited:
Anyone heard about Victoria House?

A friend sent me a bunch of images from down there... Seems like Caye Caulker and AC took the full shot. It sounded like most docks and so on were destroyed and about 50% of the dive ops suffered serious damage.

My favorite place, Huracan Diving out on Long Caye pretty much lost the decking on the front dock, but the pylons appeared to be intact. The buildings themselves were ok... not surprising as it was originally built as a hurricane shelter.

It's amazing there there was so much damage given that this was "only" a Category 1 storm...

Wonder how Turneffe Island Resort, Blackbird Caye Resort and Turfeffe Flats fared.

A friend sent me a bunch of images from down there... Seems like Caye Caulker and AC took the full shot. It sounded like most docks and so on were destroyed and about 50% of the dive ops suffered serious damage.

My favorite place, Huracan Diving out on Long Caye pretty much lost the decking on the front dock, but the pylons appeared to be intact. The buildings themselves were ok... not surprising as it was originally built as a hurricane shelter.

It's amazing there there was so much damage given that this was "only" a Category 1 storm...

Thanks, Stoo. I was looking for an update on Huracan.

I am here. I am headed home tomorrow. Palapa which was located at Wet Willy's is totally gone. Ecologic is totally gone. Ramons pier and shop was obliterated. Most of the piers are severely damaged. Island divers should be ready to go tomorrow. Chuck and robbie is missing most of their pier, but the shop was standing. Belize pro had heavy damage to the pier, but should be ready to go soon. Amigos is probably ready today. The old Island Divers shop is gone. Aqua Scuba is missing most of their pier, but the shop looked okay.

Vianey and Rudy (Island Divers ) ready to go tomorrow. Amigos ready to go tomorrow.

Clean up will happen faster than you can believe. Restaurants bars and stores are already open and doing business.

Don't cancel your planned trips and for sure, don't be worried about booking new ones to Ambergris Caye (San Pedro).

Placencia is fine. Didn't take the brunt of the storm.

Anyone heard about Victoria House?

I haven't heard specifically but from my understanding, all hotels are up and running and received very little overall damage. It's the many docks that were lost and buildings on them that have caused the debris on the beaches.

Victoria House is set back from shore and didn't have a lot of docks etc out front. They'll be cleaned up lickety-split!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom