hurricane, IRENE and Blackbeards Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

udtfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So often we are quick to scorn an operator but I should say when an operator does the rite thing, it often goes unnoticed. I had a group of divers on Blackbeards cruises the ship was the morning start with Capt andy. they informed use that the storm was now a hurricain and we would be headed back to nassau. when we got back to the dock we were met and given hotel rooms ( at no charge) to start the proscess of us getting flights off nassau. I am please to say we have all gotton home and for us all is well. but that is not the end of the story due to weather cancelling the trip I expected to recieve no compensation for the trip. I was wrong blackbeards called and gave us a 50% refund to be used for our next trip. so in closeing they we a frist class outfit.[-][/-][-][/-]

Way to go Blackbeards! I am glad to hear they did this for you guys. I hope other companies like Aggressor and Explorer Ventures in the Turks and Caicos will do the same for those missing dives . Any form of compensation even if a small amount is just a nice way to say we appreciate your business.

What day did you return to Nassau? Were you able to get a little diving in?

Last edited:
It is a real shame to have to lose 50% of your trip but it is great that Blackbeards did that. They were under no obligation because the weather is absolutely out of their control. I would agree that this ranks them high!

Thanks for posting the good words when most would let them slide by.

Back
Top Bottom