Hydros Pro Modifications/ Customizations have you made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clayton65

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Other than color kits, what modifications / customizations hav you made to your Scubapro Hydros Pro.

I wouldn't classify this as a modification but a handy rigging using the Hydros accessory mount points. It's handy to have light readily available since we're always diving in limited viz up here. And when it is really bad, I put the light on strobe. Thanks to the position the light is in, students/buddies can see it if you simply turn towards them.
spare_light_rigging.jpg

Removed the shoulder D rings and replaced with larger rings and fitted a crotch strap. I have had mine since May 2017 and done around 900 dives on it. Also flip flop between weight pockets and travel straps, just depends what I am doing. Fitted ninja pocket and the thigh pocket but decided they were crap and find tech shorts better or pockets in my dry suit. :wink:

Removed the shoulder D rings and replaced with larger rings
Was this easy to do? How did you undo the shoulder strap and remove the original drings ato install the bigger ones please?

Do you have pictures of the new setup?

Was this easy to do? How did you undo the shoulder strap and remove the original drings ato install the bigger ones please?

Do you have pictures of the new setup?

Scroll down that thread. It was a simple mod.

Scroll down that thread. It was a simple mod.

Thank you, that's a big help.

Deleted, I will post new photos soon.

Attachments

• 2023-07-08 14.58.26.jpg
    2023-07-08 14.58.26.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Final build-PAIR-fotor.png
    Final build-PAIR-fotor.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 34
  • EZ PoucH Retail Sales Flyer - TWO sided 11-15-23.pdf
    348.3 KB · Views: 30
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/