Hyperbaric chamber Subic Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
I believe most of you know but the HYPERBARIC CHAMBER in Subic Bay has been out of commision for over a year now. I have spent the last few days here in Subic and there is alot of people that would like to see it up and running. I have been working on this for awhile now, I even have all the paper work on what it will take to get it in operating form. I will be presenting this to some of the government people in Manila in a day or two. I do know that it is a uphill battle trying to get funds for this but if we do not try we will never know. The government official are already aware of this and giving it consideration. Possible if the government gets enough response they might help out. It is not a great deal of money to get this project completed. Cynthia Carrion is in charge of the diving and tourism. Cynthia can be reached at cnorton@i-manila.ph If you could take the time to send her a email with your concerns for the safety of the divers and the divers that come from abroad they might come to see the light.

andibk

Ms. Norton,
I'm planning a trip to the Philippines this winter to take some advanced dive training. I was concerned to hear that the hyperbaric chamber near Subic Bay is currently non-functional. This may cause me to reconsider my choice of destinations for my trip. Are there any plans to get it up and running again in the near future?

Thank you,
Rik Raeder
Oakland, California

Something like that?

Your email link is off, but that's what the note I WOULD have sent looks like.

Okay, this is a no BS event! I had heard it was operational and was obviously misinformed. This affects our tourist revenue and hits us with HUGE safety issue when it comes to bookings in countries that require dive insurance. What do we need to do to help?

What you said is exactly what they need to hear. The more they get emails like this the more they will take notice. Please everybody if they could take a minute or two to help this cause. It is a shame that there is a large chamber like this and it is not working in one of the bigger dive destinations in the Philippines.

andibk

I repeat...the email link didn't go through...my message got bounced back by MailerDaemon...please confirm your email link

If someone will call the chambers listed in the sticky and give me an update I will create a link on our web site with chamber status.

I just called the chamber in Batangas and the chamber is up and running. The number I called is 0437232167.

andibk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom