I am here and Scubaboard was down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver:
Nice trip reports and pics, Tim!!!

Say...you wouldn't happen to have the GPS coordinates for that big lobster, would you? :rofl3:

I actually saw 3 huge ones, all on the same dive. I am sure they are like the crabs up here. They seem to know when the seasons are open and when they aren't. I bet these three bugs will all be sitting there all nice and pretty until the season opens.

But, good luck with your bug hunting.

Tim

Scuba_Jenny:
Glad to hear you had a good time despite not being able to hook up. Sorry you couldn't make it down for the INVASION night dive, it was sweet. :)
Do you have the Caribbean Reef ID books? Is the flamingo tongue really a nudi? I thought it was a snail of some sort. :)

coachrenz:
Snail or nudibranch, doesn't matter to me, it was awfully cool looking. I do have the Humann books, but they are in a box somewhere between Fort Lauderdale and Seattle being shipped MediaMail so I wouldn't be over the luggage weight limits.

Tim

Boy, that Media Mail is slow, but hey, it is cheap. I finally got my books back.

Jenny - I looked up the Flamingo Tongue and you are right, it is a snail. Kind of fooled me since it is one of the few who puts its mantle up over its shell for protection. We don't have any of those fancy-pants snail up in these waters.

Still haven't ventured back into the 50 degree water since returning. Tomorrow is the day. I hope I remember how to dive in a dry suit...

brrrrrr.... good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom