I can't believe it!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What size of a system are we talking here? Any more details available on the conditions? I'm from a mining town that has flooded shafts too. Not that I'd be going down in them but it makes me wonder what kind of potential is there.

jiveturkey:
What size of a system are we talking here? Any more details available on the conditions?

I think Steve posted on Decostop what they did. You may want to check there for more info if nobody comes forward here.

I'm from a mining town that has flooded shafts too. Not that I'd be going down in them but it makes me wonder what kind of potential is there.

Where are they? I would be interested in checking them out. My dance card for 2007 isn't full yet and I'm looking for interesting things to do to fill it.

nadwidny,
What I meant was the mines of Bell Island will be to NL what the caves are to Mexico. Despite being to Mexico once, I've only seen the caves from a diver's perspective on T.V, very nice indeed. I wasn't implying that the mines would be in any way greater or better than Mexico's caves, but a signature for NL.
Also, from what I've heard, the mines are in perfect condition, with items in there in the near same shape.

Yes Steve is coming back with a team in Jan 07. I was one of the Standby Divers for the First Exploration Dives. Will probably be Standby In Jan as well if needed.

I'm assuming Steve Lewis is Doppler. I found some stuff on the Bell Island wrecks on the Deco Stop but can't find anything on the mines. I guess I'll hear about it if it turns out to be anything of significance.

ah ha.. I've finally found a few newfie divers on the site. I'm always looking for dive buddies and new places to explore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Richelle. Did you visit my website? It has a few places you may be interested in.
Where did you do your certification - Ocean Quest (It's close to home for you.)?...that's where I did mine.
I plan on diving soon with one of the instructors there. Perhaps when I come to town next we can meet up for a dive. I'm planning on Bauline, if I can convince ScubaSue (the instructor).
I'll PM you my e-mail address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom