I did something stupid...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
I never trust those. capping it keeps any water that got in while diving in there; which there shouldn't be; by design. So why makeshift a method to keep water out when you can just use the method designed for it, like Mo2vation stated, and leave it on the tank to rinse?
Because at the end of the diving day a set of doubles is too heavy to pick up and dunk head first in my washing bin:D
No probs at the start of a diving day, just no energy left at the end...

Seriously I just put my thumb over the din and give them a good swish around then hang them up.

Azza:
Because at the end of the diving day a set of doubles is too heavy to pick up and dunk head first in my washing bin:D
No probs at the start of a diving day, just no energy left at the end...

Sounds like you need to slow down your ascent a little :wink:

Seriously; I tend to leave my gear rigged up and assault it with a hose; but in the land of rinse-buckets.... just stick your backgas reg on a single or AL40. While capping the end of the first stage helps, it doesn't necessarily prevent water from getting in; expecially if you dunk the whole thing and bump the purge button on the second stage.

Best bet is to remove the HP hose and SPG then charge the system and purge the second stages for a few. Second best would be to press the purges while turning on the valve slowly. The hope is to not push water down the HP hose into your guages which just charging the system will most likely do.

Joe

Ummm, since you dunked your first stage in a dunk tank...doesn't that mean there is going to some concentration of salt in the tank he shoud worry about, or is that not good logic on my part?

Well, not so much a "dunk tank" as much as me filling my gear box up with fresh water, then taking my BC out and noticing my reg was in there, then taking it out. So not AS much salt as a "normal" dunk tank on a charter or something.

Used the reg today, on a shallow but longish dive, and noticed no problems. Hopefully things are ok.

stackingreasyBBs:
Well, not so much a "dunk tank" as much as me filling my gear box up with fresh water, then taking my BC out and noticing my reg was in there, then taking it out. So not AS much salt as a "normal" dunk tank on a charter or something.

Used the reg today, on a shallow but longish dive, and noticed no problems. Hopefully things are ok.
things are probably fine. I've done it before. If you continue to do it, it would be bad, but I don't think one time is going to break it considering you have regular maint done on it anyway.

NOTE: I know nothing about regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom