I Dived 3 times today and i feel light headed and under my nose (sinus part) HURTS! ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Part of your issues may be due to dehydration, drink lots of fluids, preferably water, and as for the nose issue, there are a couple of possibilities, it could be seawater irritation from getting some saltwater into the sinus cavities, or it could be irritation from having to blow hard to equalize. Stay out of the water for a couple of weeks, and rehydrate yourself. If it still hurts in 2-3 days, call DAN

I am no expert, or medical person. If you feel that bad, first, I suggest you go see your doctor. If you are under 18, talk to your parents. If it was me, I would take a decongestant like
Benadryl, and hydrate with some water. I assume your instructor and you filled out your dive logs, and you've calculated your pressure groups right? You are still within the limits. Needless to say, you can feel tired, and dried up after a dive because the air in the tank is dry, so the congestion is not an unusual thing either. Some people with issues take a decongestant prior to diving.. disclaimer: see your professional, I am not a medical professional. I would not be personally worried about what you describe though.

Do you feel better today?

Go see a doctor and get checked out, better safe than sorry,it sounds like you were just in the tables (Dciem) be carfull in the future good luck and have safe fun!

It seems sign of decompression but i don't think it's related with your bottom time or surface interval since you're not going somewhere deep and the bottom time is not that long. Guess you have a fast ascend during the dive. For your next trip, whenever ascending to the surface, face up and look at the bubbles, ascend slower than the bubbles speed. Should be alright then.

Hi Hashsaz

It seems sign of decompression (sic).....

The original poster stated, "And on the second and third dive it was cold, so my nose got filled with snort? so i blew it out,, while i was at the bottom of the ocean. I still could equalize, but it was hurting me, i just snort it out and everything was FINE. till after 2 hours after the dives,, i started feeling light headed and now i think my sinus hurts? I never had any sinus problems, it just hurts in the area under/around my nose''

What, specifically, about this overall description makes you suspect DCI of some sort as opposed sinus barotrauma?

For your next trip, whenever ascending to the surface, face up and look at the bubbles, ascend slower than the bubbles speed.
Should be alright then.

I believe that knowledgeable divers who put this credence in this approach say, "Ascend no faster than your very smallest visible bubble."

Do you see any possible problems with this method given conditions of poor visibility, substantial current or many divers in a group? If so, what do you suggest in those situations?

Regards,

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom